Dinoguy, did you recieve my email with The Guide attached?
--Mr.Mouse 04:01, 24 August 2006 (EDT)
Yeah, I got it, now I'm gonna have to wait till I get home to extract it (notice the irony here... :lol: ) and look it over.
Okay, here's some riddle. Dinoguy's birthday is August 5, 1988. As of August 13, 2006 Dinoguy has become 18 years old. What is wrong in this picture?
--Mr.Mouse 04:33, 14 August 2006 (EDT)
I'm not sure, unless you're suggesting that I turned 18 on the 13th... which isn't what I meant. What I thought I wrote was that I was 18 as of the 13th, not that I had turned 18... =D
Dinoguy1000 16:46, 16 August 2006 (EDT)
Dinoguy, you are doing a great job! --Mr.Mouse
Thanks! =D *bows* --Dinoguy1000
Dinoguy, your surname is Patriakeas --is your family from Kardamyli, Greece?
My family, on my father's side, is Greek, but I don't know even which region in Greece he lived in (he immigrated here when he was younger).
Dinoguy1000 16:21, 23 August 2006 (EDT)
-- Mr.Mouse : Hey, Philip, i sent you a PM at the forum :P
Heh, yeah, I just saw that a few minutes ago... But then the batteries in my mouse died and I haven't gotten back around to the forum. Give me a sec... 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 15:12, 5 December 2006 (EST)
Changing for Wheel of Doom and Raw Flayer
Dinoguy, yesterday you modified my changes of the links of homepage "Wheel of Doom" and "Raw Flayer". You wrote: "we prefer links to official sites", but the link http://wheelofdoom.ucoz.com/ is old homepage of my tools and I made changes on all pages where these tools are mentioned. Please don't modifying my changes again. OK?
--Rackot 23:00, 22 December 2010 (EST)
- Hello Rackot, those changes were made by IP addresses (meaning I could not confirm it was you/the tools' author making the changes), and looking at both sites didn't reveal any immediate connection beyond both hosting the programs. I understand this will sound like more trouble than is reasonable, but could you update wheelofdoom.ucoz.com to clearly indicate that it is the old website, and users should see the new site for the latest news/program versions (since I assume you are now publishing to only the new site)? This is mostly so I can make sure you are the tools' author, since I have no other way of knowing definitely - I am not trying to insult you or anything, but I can't just take your word for it. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble! 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 00:08, 23 December 2010 (EST)
- Also, when posting on talk pages, you can automatically sign and date your messages by placing four tildes (~~~~) after your message. ;) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 00:10, 23 December 2010 (EST)
- Hello, Dinoguy1000.
- OK. I posted a message on the my old website wheelofdoom.ucoz.com. Please see the latest news on the old website. Yesterday, when I made changes of the links, I haven't logged. It's my mistake.
- P.S. Why the message displayed in green on a single line? --Rackot 03:40, 23 December 2010 (EST)
Again and again:  Is it possbile to delete "Index.php" page from wiki and set block which don't allow anyone to create that page again? BTW, why there is no any captcha in this wiki? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) 23:06, 24 December 2010
- Deleted and blocked the IP that created it. There's no captcha mostly because I haven't installed the extension for it yet; I may do so later today or in the next couple of days (it *is* Christmas, so I'm busy with family). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 18:17, 24 December 2010 (EST)
- Oh, I see. Cool. Thanks again! 184.108.40.206 13:38, 28 December 2010 (EST)
Hello again. I see a lot of spam in "Recent changes". Articles deleted, but files like "Hvac ???.jpg" still there. Since all tools attached in forum posts, uploaded to Xentax or have an external site, maybe it's not a bad idea to disable file upload feature for Wiki? 220.127.116.11 07:45, 6 February 2011 (EST)
- I would have deleted those images when I deleted the accompanying articles, but the server currently errors out when trying to delete images. I'll have to see if Mr.Mouse can fix it (he fixed (or at least oversaw the fix of) a similar problem with uploading files). In the meantime, it may indeed be a good idea to at least temporarily disable image uploads. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 12:59, 6 February 2011 (EST)
- Thanks a lot! 18.104.22.168 19:47, 6 February 2011 (EST)
Hello there! It's me again. I want politely suggest two things.
First one: maybe you should add image-captcha (reCaptcha for example which are a hard to break with automatic tools) for any operation for the wiki. When I look to "Recent changes" I see a lot of registered users, which I think, just a spammer accounts. Actual changes to the description of the game formats is drowned in it. Captcha is easy way to stop this chaos. I think if someone want to fix or add information about a game format - captcha is not that hard or impossible thing to do for him.
Thanks in advance! 22.214.171.124 05:41, 21 March 2012 (CDT)
- Unfortunately, I can't currently do anything about the captcha used (I do agree, though, something needs to be done). We're waiting for word back from XeNTaX's host on the technical issue preventing this.
- I've added the three links to the whitelist. Could you tell me what that site is (i.e. is it a personal site or a public downloads directory)? I would be willing to whitelist the whole site as long as file uploading there is restricted (to minimize the chance of someone uploading a virus or the like and linking to it from here). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 13:42, 21 March 2012 (CDT)
- Thank you for reply! Oh, I see it's a technical issue with the host. About ctpax-x.ru - it's a CTPAX-X Team site which are all about game resources unpackers/decoders/converters, with few handy tools (see CTPAX-X Soft) and a nocds for old games. Most of the tools provided with Delphi, C++ and FASM source codes. CTPAX-X Team well known by famous Need for Speed Multimedia Converter (ctpax-x.ru/?goto=files&show=27) and ToWav tool by Xplorer (ctpax-x.ru/?goto=files&show=24). Here is the link to the file archive: ctpax-x.ru/?goto=files You can translate it with Google or any other service but keep in mind that you can't download anything from translated page (antileech system).
- Thank you! I've fixed links. 126.96.36.199 15:34, 24 March 2012 (CDT)
Hello again. Would you change GRAFPageFormat style to bold and also increase font size? It's too small now. For example check: this (HTML, good) and that (GRAFPageFormat, too small). 188.8.131.52 14:50, 23 January 2011 (EST)
- It should be fixed now. You'll probably have to bypass your cache to see it. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 19:11, 23 January 2011 (EST)
- Works great! Thank you! 184.108.40.206 04:52, 24 January 2011 (EST)
Re: Blocked from creating a page
I can't create a user with name "SiPlus". 220.127.116.11 03:38, 22 November 2011 (EST)
- It is serverside, when I try to register, the engine says that the nickname is banned because it matches .*\d* blacklist entry. 18.104.22.168 07:33, 22 November 2011 (EST)
Spam filter reports
Hello! I'm glad that wiki come back to live. The problem is that I can't edit any article with external link to wikipedia Endianness. I've got The following link has triggered a protection filter: http___en.wikipedia.org_wiki_Endianness (just replaced / with _ to avoid filter in this message). Would you fix this please? Thanks in advance! 22.214.171.124 16:01, 23 May 2012 (EDT)
- Fixed, thanks for telling me. (I have no idea why that happened; it should have worked fine before, but whatever. =P ) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 16:11, 23 May 2012 (EDT)
Hello again! Would you add to the whitelist next sites: www.oocities.org (mirror for closed geocities.com), www.shikadi.net (old games reverse engineering wiki) and change ctpax-x.ru to ctpax-x.org (site moved). Thank you! 126.96.36.199 08:34, 12 May 2013 (EDT)
- Added, thanks for the request, and sorry again for the inconvenience! =) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 08:55, 12 May 2013 (EDT)
- Thank you! I've fixed all the links I found. 188.8.131.52 15:16, 12 May 2013 (EDT)
Hello I'd like an account with the username Scootaloo or Cloudchaser - email: ScootalooFluttershy@gmail.com (excuse the generic sound of it). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 10:53, 31 May 2013
- Done, check your email (and would I be correct in guessing your favorite ponies are Scoots, Cloudchaser, and Fluttershy? =D ). 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 12:27, 31 May 2013 (EDT)
.ras/.mpm Format description & source code
Hi Dinoguy, after a day of procrastination & reverse engineering, I came up with a solution to decode the format used by 3DMark99 – 3DMark2001 and Max Payne. This was very interesting because it uses a stream cipher that nobody has figured out yet. I guess the format is not very present anymore, but it is interesting to know how it works, nevertheless. I hope there is a small community that could use the tool. Now, the decrypted data (file entries) still need to be interpreted, but it should be pretty easy from now on.
It would be great if you could add the respective articles to the Wiki.
The documentation is here: www52_zXXXyshare.com_v_62516978_file.html and an example file with its decrypted contents is here: www76_zXXXyshare.com_v_33539337_file.html
Also, it would be great, if you could redistribute the file, since Zippyshare deletes it after 30 days without downloads.
- Hey Adrian, good work!
- In all honesty, I would prefer that you add the information yourself, since you're far more familiar with it than I would be. You don't need an account to create pages on this wiki, so there shouldn't be a problem there, and if you do want an account, let me know what name you'd like and give me an email address you can be contacted at. As for the page itself, don't worry if you don't know how to format it; I can come in after you and straighten things up. =)
- Lastly, about the file, I don't have any means of redistributing it myself, but I could get you in touch with Mr.Mouse, who could host it on Xentax (as well as potentially hooking you up with an activated forum account for your effort). =) 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 16:47, 13 June 2013 (EDT)
- I think an account would be cool! There are some occasions when I investigate formats myself. With an account, I could share them. Some time ago, I wanted to add something (unfortunately, I don't know what anymore) and couldn't do it because I didn't have an account.
- Please register "Adrian" with password "SecretPassword123" for me. I will change it, as soon as I took over the account.
- It would be handy if the file is hosted somewhere else. Otherwise it would repeatedly need to be reuploaded after it gets deleted because of inactivity. I plan to have my own maintained(!) server, but until then, Mr.Mouse could host it. I guess the interest in the tool will be limited, but perhaps somebody finds it highly useful. :-) It could also be useful for programmers of game file unpackers to add another format. 220.127.116.11 10:53, 14 June 2013 (EDT)