This wiki is the home of the most game (archive) file format knowledge in the world.
You can also try searching for the game name or file extension using the search box in the top-right corner.
The main section is Game Resource Archive Formats, where you'll find detailed specifications of archive formats for an extraordinarily large number of games, a list that grows as new games are released, and old ones rediscovered.
Remember that this is a wiki, so if you have any corrections or additional information then please join the team and share it with the world!
Game formats and specifications
Guides and tools
- AIFF Audio (*.AIF *.AIFF) - September 07, 2021
- Pure3d (*.P3D) - August 23, 2021
- Wwise Audio (*.PCK) - August 20, 2021
- Nitro Character Tiles (*.NCGR) - August 11, 2021
- Haemimont Engine Archive (*.HPK) - August 09, 2021
- DX Archive (*.DAT *.WOLF) - August 01, 2021
- Team17 Archive (*.XOM *.BDL *.KEV) - July 29, 2021
- Sonic Games PAC (*.PAC) - July 26, 2021
- MPG Video (*.MPG *.MPEG) - July 25, 2021
- Unity Unity3d (*.unity3d) - July 25, 2021
- Vicious Engine Archive (*.LOC, *.GAM, *.ET, *.LS, *.MAP, *.RGN) - July 24, 2021
- January 2021: Over 100 file formats have been added in 2020!
We were able to add over 100 new articles with file formats to Xentax Wiki.
Not only archive formats were described, but also audio, image, animation and text
formats from various games.
Also many of the already existing articles were rewritten from scratch and filled
with some new information and assigned to proper categories.
All News | Archives | File Formats
- December 2010: Back after an attack
We suffered an attack on our site months ago that rendered this wiki to be killed.
We had to resort to older backups (much older) to be able to get it back online.
We have now the latest Mediawiki code and will build on it to make it become what it once was.
All News | Archives