Nancy Drew DAT
DAT, CAL, CIF
- Format Type : Archive
- Endian Order : Little Endian
- Signatures : CIF TREE / CIF FILE / WayneSikes / HerInteractive
// header 4 bytes (char) - signature // "CIF " 4 bytes (char) - file type // "TREE" or "FILE" 12-16 bytes (char) - unknown // "WayneSikes" or "HerInteractive" // TODO
Notes and Comments
- Those DAT archives contain puzzle overlay images (basically any movable object in a puzzle), character dialog animation videos, interface images, and the game logic.
- The format for the CIFTREE.DAT archive changed with almost every game.
- The format uses LZSS compression method.
- The format occurs in games made by Her Interactive.
- The format doesn't store extensions for files.
List of games using this file format:
- Nancy Drew: Alibi In Ashes (*.DAT)
- Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill
- Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for Danger
- Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Nancy Drew: The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Nancy Drew: The Final Scene